An Original Medicare Part A and B plan helps you with some health care expense coverage as you grow older. But it also leaves a lot of things out. In the end, you may have to pay up to 40% of your medical expenses out-of-pocket. Luckily for new seniors, Medicare Supplement plans help cover more medical expenses for you. This will allow you to stay financially stable and healthy.
There are up to 10 Medicare plans available in the U.S. The plans are labeled A-N by letters. They are also standardized in the United States. Medicare Supplement Plan F offers a complete set of benefits compared to the other benefits. It is the only Medigap plan that covers both your Part B deductible and excess charges. AARP Medicare Supplement offers one of the most competitive Plan F pricing and additional benefits.
Who Is AARP
AARP was established in 1958 and originally called the American Association of Retired Persons. The organization focuses on the care, health, and wellness of the elderly. Although they started focused mainly on retired people, they soon refocused on people as they grew older. They formed a partnership with UnitedHealthcare to ensure that the healthcare needs of aging people were met without hurting their finances. UnitedHealthcare is the only insurance provider that sells Medicare Supplements endorsed by AARP.
AARP Medicare Supplement Plan F
AARP is one of the most respected insurance policy providers in the United States. They provide Medigap insurance to more than 3.5 million people in the country. AARP offers Medigap plans A, B, C, F, G, K, and L. The company offers a hassle-free enrollment process as well as affordable and stable rates.
Due to its range of benefits, AARP Supplement Plan F is the most popular AARP Medigap plan. When you enroll for an AARP Medigap Plan F, you get the following list of standardized benefits:
- 100% Original Medicare Part A and B copay and coinsurance
- Original Medicare Part B excess charges
- Part A deductible of up to $1,408
- Original Medicare Part A hospice care coinsurance
- Foreign emergency care
- 100% Skilled nursing facility coinsurance
- Medicare Part B deductible of up to $198
- All expense for 365 days after Original Medicare Part B stops
You get all these benefits as long as you have a Medicare Supplement from any insurance provider. However, when you enroll for AARP Medicare Supplement Plan F, you get additional benefits from the company. The other advantages include:
- A 30% enrollment discount if you are 65 years old. If you are older than 65, when you grow older, the discount may reduce. There is a 3% reduction in the discount every year.
- If you live with someone with another AARP Medicare Supplement plan, you get a 5% household discount.
- Gym membership and wellness coaching
- Discounts such as pharmacy, hearing aids, and screening discounts.
- 24-hour healthcare professional and nurse line
You can get AARP Medigap Plans in 50 states. With AARP Medicare Supplement Plan F, you can also buy a Medicare Part D plan directly. Your part D plan will cover the cost of your prescription drugs.
Read more: Anthem Medicare Supplement Plan F
AARP Medigap Plan F 2021
Plan F has been discontinued in January 2020 for new beneficiaries. However, if you purchased the AARP Medicare policy before January 1, 2020, you still get the full benefits.
In 2021, AARP will not be able to sell Medicare Supplement Plan F to new enrollees. But you can check out other AARP Supplement Plans. AARP Medigap Plan G and Plan N offer a range of benefits that ensure you live healthily and save more. You also get AARP additional benefits.
If you have any questions or inquiries about AARP Medicare Supplement Plans or the pricing in your area, feel free to contact us. We are here to help!
Medicare Supplement Plan F
out of 5
based on 121 reviews